Behind the Overcurve R4’s lies an advanced construction technique: a resilient, polyurethane-laminated material is combined over a comfortable mesh, reducing energy loss and providing long-lasting foot support where it’s most needed Shoe closure is fast, reliable and secure, powered by a micro-adjustable BOA® IP1 dial in an Overcurve pattern.
The Fizik R4 wide shoe construction features a staggered collar that wraps around the ankle, tracing the natural alignment of the ankle’s two bony protrusions: the lateral and medial malleoli. The result is an asymmetrical shape, with the throat of the shoe curving over the foot from its outside to its inner side
The moderately stiff R4 outsole strikes a balance between comfort and pedalling efficiency to make it a true all-rounder, featuring a lower profile structurally optimized with a 15% infused carbon fiber composition.
The R4 outsole further provides efficient ventilation with internal channelling for effective temperature regulation. The cleat is positioned slightly further towards the heel compared to traditional placement to optimize pedalling efficiency and reduce knee compression, especially suited to aggressively forward aero riding positions
- Outsole: R4 outsole – carbon injected nylon, stiffness index 7
- Overcurve: asymmetrical construction that ergonomically conforms to the foot’s anatomy
- PU laminated mesh upper: enhanced ventilation with support where needed
- Weight: 230g (size 42 – 1/2 pair)
Review Fizik R4 Wide
Comfort with increase in volume
- Higher volume in the toe area.
- Increase volume in ball of foot and metatarsals area.
Fit with any feet
- Design with BOA system in Overcurve wrapping style.
- 15% Carbon outsole with ventilation holes.
- Accommodate for more aerodynamic riding style with slightly back cleat setting position.