In developing the Pro Team Aero collection, Rapha’s designers and a group of WorldTour riders tested new skinsuit designs in a wind tunnel. They found aero gains with a dual-fabric construction – smooth-faced fabrics on leading panels, and a textured fabric on trailing edges at the back of the sleeves and across the shoulders. These refinements are now incorporated into the Pro Team Long Sleeve Aero Jersey.
The smooth panels aid airflow away from the rider’s frontal area while the textured mesh helps air transition from a laminar flow to a turbulent flow – simply put, the low-pressure wake behind a rider is reduced, lowering the overall drag on the rider’s body. The form-fitting cut ensures no fabric is caught in the wind, and the main panels are cut from a brushed-back material for insulation in cool weather. The jersey’s three rear pockets are mesh-lined for ventilation, and the valuables pocket now features a heavy duty Vislon zip. The front zipper’s placket is thicker than in previous versions, keeping the hardware at the zip’s base from snagging on bib shorts.
Our Pro Team range has a closer fit. If you’re unsure which size will offer you the most comfort, our updated size guides can help you find the perfect size.
- Smooth fabrics on the front move through the air with ease
- Textured fabrics on the back aid aerodynamics
- Improved valuables pocket with robust, easy-pull zip
- Extended placket protects your bibs from the jersey’s main zip
- Zip placket is extended to protect your bibs
- Mesh inside pockets for breathability and ventilation